Liz believes that transparency and certainty about costs is vital - especially given the financial stress people experience during separation. Detailed below are the fees that Liz charges for all steps in the FDR process.
Invitation to participate
- Two letters or emails sent to the other person, inviting them to participate in family dispute resolution (FDR)
- Includes issuing of a “s60I certificate” if the other party declines the invitation, or does not respond
Pre-mediation & Assessment Interview
$250 per interview
- 60 to 90 min appointment
- Each party will need a separate interview
- Interviews can be held in person, or via video-conference
- Includes issuing of a “s60I certificate” if Liz determines that mediation is not appropriate for your family at this time
$750 per party
- 3 hour mediation
- Includes issuing of a “s60I certificate” if you are not able to reach agreement
Drafting of parenting plan (if required)
- Exact cost will depend on the complexity of the agreement.
Reading of supporting documentation (if required)
$10 per A4 page
In most mediations there is no need for Liz to read supporting documentation (other than any current court orders and protection orders). If the reading of supporting documentation is needed for your mediation Liz will charge each party for any materials they ask her to read beyond the first 10 A4 pages. Liz will not charge any fees for reading current court orders and protection orders.
Travel to locations outside Canberra / Queanbeyan area
Goulburn and Cooma - $700
Yass - $600
Other regional locations - by negotiation
Payment for appointments (and any associated travel or reading) is required at least 5 business days prior to the appointment.
Payment can be made by direct deposit to:
Account name: Keogh Mediation
BSB: 082 926
Account number: 29 980 2111
A cancellation fee ($150 for Pre-mediation / Assessment Interviews and $600 for mediations) will be charged for any appointment that is cancelled with less than 5 business day’s notice. For mediation appointments the cancellation fee will be payable by the client who cancelled the mediation (or divided equally between the clients, if cancelled by both clients).
Travel costs will only be refunded if the appointment is cancelled prior to Liz’s departure from Canberra. Fees for reading and drafting will only be refunded if cancellation occurs prior to Liz undertaking the work.